Friday, April 1, 2011

Concert Poster


For my concert poster, I used the book "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald as inspiration. I used a really classy "Art Deco" theme in order to capture the setting of the 20's. The tower in this picture was hand-created by myself and the background is a live-traced image from the web, as is the little guy down in the corner. I used a specific font that I took from dafont.com in order to give it a more 20's feel and relate a bit more to The Great Gatsby. In the assignment, we had to give an area, date, time, and the people playing. In order to stay relatively close to the setting of Great Gatsby, I used West Egg (Where Gatsby lives) and placed the concert on Long Island which is where the novel is set. The date is July 4th, because it can be assumed that duets by Gatsby and Daisy would be a big enough event for Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment