Friday, March 11, 2011

Emotion Word Design 1


The artwork here is my first set of "Emotion Word" designs, and uses repetition and direction to convey its message. The assignment was to, using lines and typographical technique, illustrate our emotions through words. I made this my own by adding, not only my own emotions, but my own specific style to the artwork through my use of opacity and position to pile words and letters on top  of each other.

First, I started off with the most  basic part of the assignment by writing out my feelings on the sheet. I then decided, because feelings waver and linger, to completely disregard my originally chosen words and use the ones that I felt at that instance: "Bored" and "Tired". At the time, I was so tired that I was slouching and nearly falling out of  my chair, so I made the words "Tired" as if they were falling. Also, I was kind of moderately bored with school and doing the same thing over and over again, so I repeated the word "Bored" using a type writer font because it touched on the subject of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment