Friday, March 4, 2011

Logo Design


This is my logo design for "DC Comics". DC creates a lot of the famous comics that are now being turned into major film projects such as the movie "Watchmen", which this design is modeled after. The smiley face is the trademark logo for Watchmen, a DC Comic, so I felt it was only fitting to use it. I live traced the smiley until only one edge was prevalent, then rotated it to get the desired "C" shape. The negative space here is the fact that the entirety of the smiley is made up of Negative space, along with the "C" shape that is made up of shadow. The hardest part about this design was getting the grungy look for the D. Originally I was just going to leave it as normal smooth font, but then I decided to add a glass texture effect to get the broken/rough feel that corresponded to the smiley. I also applied this texture to the word "Comics" which is written on a path at the bottom of the "C" shape.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of combining the trademark symbol for the comic Watchmen with the DC logo. Your use of negative space seems very affective in the C. This logo looks very good and the rough characters gives the logo what it needs to pop out at you. Im glad you did not leave the D smooth because it would have thrown off the logo. The logo you created is a realistic possibility to be a logo that DC Comics could actually use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simplistic this is, but at the same time, very effective. Awesome use of texture, and I agree with Mike that a smooth D would have thrown the whole logo off. Overall, very memorable. Definitely something you need in a company logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm! Awesome and such a creative Logo Design work. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mainstream question that the greater part of the entrepreneur dependably asks is, "Do I need a logo structure?" Some entrepreneurs have not yet understood the fundamentals of the need of a logo plan. logo design service

    ReplyDelete